I’m still here! Life has been a little crazier than usual and quite frankly in the competition for my time snuggles are always going to win out over updating a blog. However, since I am stuck at an airport for the next couple of hours without anyone to snuggle (I feel like the random stranger who sanitized their seat before sitting down next to me is NOT a snuggler) here I am updating!
I recently found a list of my goals for 2014. They included losing weight, doing yoga or meditating once a week, doing a sprint tri, getting rid of credit card debt and completing John Bingham’s 100 days of movement challenge. I did a tri, we paid off our debt but other than that I kind of sucked at my goals. I weigh more now than I did at the beginning of the year. I cannot remember the last time that I did yoga, although I did meditate last week if you call breathing deeply, counting to ten and not cussing at certain people that it would be better that I did not cuss at. I think that I made it about 70 days out of 100 with 30 minutes of purposeful movement.
However, since I am ever an optimist I am once again making goals. In the interest of accountability I am posting them here.
1. Successfully complete the 6 main races that I am doing this year. So far I am planning on the following races:
- · OPC indoor marathon 1/17/15 (20 minute swim, bike and run)
- · St Charles Western Trail Half Marathon 5/3/15
- · Hawk Island Olympic Triathlon 5/31/15 (1000m swim, 40k Bike and 10k run)
- · Tri Goddess Tri 6/14/14 (1/2 mile swim, 11 mile bike and 3 mile run)
- · The Playmaker Autumn Classic (600M swim, 18 mile bike, 5 mile run)
- · Capital City River Run Team Marathon Relay 9/21/15 (6 mile run)
I am sure that I will add in some local 5k races here and there but that is the plan for the year.
2. I would like to finish in the top 25% of my AG at two of these races. I think that with a strong off season this can happen.
3. I would like to be happier with my body. I am not going to put a target weight out there but I would like to not dislike what I see in the mirror. I know that everyone has part of their body that they are not super pleased with but I would like the good parts to outweigh (ha!) the not so good parts.
4. Yoga or meditation (actual meditation not just counting to 10 slowly) once a week. I know that I am much happier if I take them time to do this, I just need to make it a priority.
I think that those are the main goals that I have right now, I am excited to work towards them.