Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Sick and tired of being sick and tired

So although the marathon relay was fantastic and awesome it did my health no favors. My walking pneumonia/cold from hell/lung eating monster came back with a vengeance. I have spent the last 10 days taking it easy and taking care of myself. I am slowly easing back into exercise by walking in the evening and doing (very) light weights at home every other day. Hopefully soon I can start running again as it is a family tradition to complete the Lansing TurkeyMan Turkey Trot. It is a 5k on Thanksgiving morning that goes through downtown Lansing. Last year they had almost 4000 people which makes it so much fun! It is a very family friendly race and lots of people dress up in costumes. My hardest choice that morning is which hat to wear -  turkey or football?



Probably the more important thing is to start an actual training plan for the 5k! That will be my goal for the day!

1 comment:

  1. My vote is the football hat! But then again, anything football will always win out for me. :) Hope you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete